Why I hate scott clum and think pagination is cool

test

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

the worst movie since "dude where's my car"

The Holiday was a horrible movie. Do NOT waste your money if you haven't already. I had heard that it was bad, but never the less, I assumed, hey I like cheesy movies, maybe I'll like it anyway. Well cheesiness was the least of its problems. In the first 15 minutes I found myself wondering, is the dialog just really bad or can cameron diaz really just not act at all? I think it was both.

The story line was blah, and dragged on and on and the characters were not relatable. First there was Kate Winslet, and she actually didn't do a bad job at all given what she had. She played Iris, the self loathing, typical girl in love with a man who treats her like crap. First of all, some of us could possibly relate to that but who would ever want to admit that? And second of all, she is british. None of us can see ourselves in this pathetic mess who also happens to be British.

Then there is Cameron Diaz's character, Amanda. She is the shut off, angry, sex starved career girl from LA. She is devoid of emotion and not really a woman or even human really, making her unrelatable as well.

And one final reason why this movie blew..."meet cute" Hollywood needs to get it into its head that when they refer to hollywood or try to shove how the movie business works into our face, the movie will flop. We just don't care. Take a look at American Sweethearts if you don't believe me. And they kept adding in tiny things like this through the whole movie(well the part before I walked out anyway). And don't get me started on the not so subtle interruptions for Amanda to play the movie trailer of her life in her head every 20 seconds.

I give this movie a baseball game giant foam finger down.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss beef said...

wow, you walked out? i mean, i knew it would be bad, but im impressed.

11:23 AM  
Blogger christina said...

yea it was that bad.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah, it was that bad.

I was the reason that Christina and I even went to this movie, and I too thought that it would be a cute and fun movie. I was wrong.

I don't think Christina gives enough attention to the awful cut-aways to the trailer of the movie of Cameron Diaz's life. They were frequent, and they were all bad.

But, I think the scene that made me walk out was Cameron Diaz dancing in her pajamas and singing to Mr. Brightside by The Killers. It was supposed to be an angst-filled rendition, but instead it just made me cringe. And then I looked at Christina and we both laughed.

The second worst scene, or at least during the half of the movie I saw before I walked out, was when the background music is supposed to be a song playing in Jack Black's car. Thus, Kate and Jack keep referencing the soundtrack to the movie. It is awful and confusing. And, now that I think about it, Jack Black had a girlfriend in the beginning of the movie. I have no clue how he was going to dump his girlfriend and get together with Kate in an hour of screen time.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home