Why I hate scott clum and think pagination is cool

test

Thursday, November 16, 2006

jetta= car crash

Basically, the new jetta commercials are terrible for two reasons:

1) From a design standpoint they are not effective. After watching those commercials I associate jetta with car crash NOT with safety.


2) From a personal perspective these commercials bring back very painful memories and I am sure I am not the only one. These commercials are tv shockart and they are irresponsible . Whenever they come on at my house my roommates and I change the channel to avoid watching the ending.

If you've been living under a rock here is one of the commercials below.






6 Comments:

Blogger miss beef said...

i don't like the commercial, but i have to admit when i see them im like whoa, they had a crash and they are both ok!! neat!

2:10 PM  
Blogger christina said...

that only works if you can stand to watch the end of the commercial...

2:12 PM  
Blogger miss beef said...

yeah i dont have the same personal experiences, though, so its just startling to me, and not so fun to watch the actual crash.

im definitely not in the market for a car though, so i don't think it matters what i think.

2:22 PM  
Blogger cary said...

i absolutely agree-- anyone who has ever been in a car crash before hears that sound and immediately flashes back to their crash. evertime i hear it i check to make sure that i'm not hanging upside down in my car......

i will NEVER buy a jetta.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Sean Von said...

I've been in several car crashes and I can attest to the fact that the sound of metal bending and warping from a car crash gives me the jibblies (heebies for the uninitiated to StrongBad)...BUT, that commercial is awesome! Not only does it very graphically demonstrate the safety features of the car, but its also majorly badass. Who hasn't wanted to get a junker car, throw in a rollcage and get a helmet, and just t-bone the crap out of another junker?

2:46 AM  
Blogger christina said...

um not me you big weirdo.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home