Why I hate scott clum and think pagination is cool

test

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Whoo Graphic Design!

Okay my little blog buddies I know I've been a way for a while but I hope you haven't forgot all about me and me blog just yet.

Prior to my restful and lenghthy vacation I and some fellow graphic design enthusiasts attended a graphic design competition entitled Cut and Paste. See the link below for more info or to see the work:

www.cutandpaste.cc/sf.html


Apparently people are calling it the "Iron Chef of graphic design." And I think that is an appropriate description. In terms of the whole event I thought it was basically awesome. To see so many people interested in design huddled together in a room cheering on designers working diligently at their computers was pretty cool. Not to mention the free drink ticket and free tshirt. I now have a tshirt with blue bars that says "monochromatic" on it. I mean, how cool is that?

In terms of the work I felt like it could have been better. That said, they only had 15 minutes and the work that they did in 15 minutes was pretty awesome. My criticism is aimed more at the way the event was structured than at the designers themselves who were clearly all pretty talented. They did 2 elimination rounds with four designers each round, eliminating two each round. Then they did a semi final and then a final. Had they only picked one winner from each round and gone straight to the final where they had maybe 30 minutes instead of 15 I think then perhaps the work would have been of a higher quality without making the event that much longer. But hey thats just my 2 cents. Either way it was still really great to watch and I had an awesome time.

5 Comments:

Blogger miss beef said...

im kinda sad i missed it.

10:50 AM  
Blogger christina said...

ahahaha i told you! we'll go next year if they do it again.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sean Von said...

Iron Chef of Geekdom perhaps...

6:09 PM  
Blogger xzela said...

Naw, the Iron Chef of Geekdom would be the Java One Conference that Sun Microsystems puts on each year. I hear they have kill LAN parties...

8:51 AM  
Blogger christina said...

yea because the actual iron chef isn't totally dorky? and LAN parties? really zeph really?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home