Why I hate scott clum and think pagination is cool

test

Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Whats my girlfriend doing in your five? You don't give another man's girl a foot massage and you definitely don't put her in your five"

Alrighty peoples, this is my new blog. Get ready for exciting graphic design tidbits and television commercial critiques coupled with the occasional post from a guest blogger about the design of the new mall.

okay, so lets start out on a happy note:

My favorite commercial, the T moble commercial with the fav five and the girlfriend stealing douche bag.

"Whats my girlfriend doing in your five? You don't give another man's girl a foot massage and you definitely don't put her in your five"


This commercial is fabulous, I thought it was brilliant even before I understood the reference to Pulp Fiction (I've never seen the movie, yes I know, i know, i've been living under a rock--don't worry my friend sara filled me in while she was dressed as a pirate waiting for a pizza).

Anyway, back to the commercial...from an advertising standpoint they did a great job. They created this new "thing" but incorporated it into the commercial as if it was already a part of the new cell phone culture and there were already rules to coincide with it. Then they top it off with the hilarious and completely over the top and obvious "Secret Lovers" ring tone.

Most importantly, the entire commercial just cracks me up. Basically it makes my life. Other thoughts?


5 Comments:

Blogger miss beef said...

i didn't recognize the pulp fiction reference, but i didnt really pay attention to that movie the one time i 'watched' it. i was kind of underwhelmed by it. care to elaborate on what the reference is?

9:25 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Well, this is second hand so I may screw it up but apparently this guy in the movie gives this other guys girlfriend a foot massage so the boyfriend throws the other guy out a window

Then I guess these other people have this big long and probably funny conversation about whether or not its appropriate to give another guy's girlfriend a foot massage and whether or not its sexual and if throwing someone out a window is appropriate punishment for the offense.

9:32 AM  
Blogger miss beef said...

oh, that does sound vaguely familiar. ok. i guess it works whether you understood that or not.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I agree that the commercial works regardless of whether or not you get the pulp fiction reference. But for those of us who do, remembering long-haired John Travolta arguing with jerry-curled Samuel L. Jackson evokes even more laughter. Or maybe that was just me...

Christina, I am impressed with your ability to remember anything I say, let alone things I said when dressed as a pirate waiting for some pizza!

9:49 AM  
Blogger christina said...

well your boobs don't have the same effect on me that they do other people...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home